O&M Technician I
Laurel, MS, USA
Veolia’s comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
O&M Technician I is an entry level position. Must be capable of being trained for performing various general labor activities that include the operation; maintenance of various equipment at different facilities.
- Other duties as needed and as assigned.
- Carries out the position responsibilities in accordance with OSHA and company safety policies and procedures.
- 1-3 years Vocational education in related field preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A combination of education and on-the-job skills in the right environment may be considered or equivalent experience related to water/wastewater operation and maintenance or related fields.
- Maintenance experience is preferred but not required.
- Good working knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Capable of being trained to perform regular checks of equipment conditions, noting deficiencies and following maintenance procedures. Notifies supervisor of needed maintenance.
- Communicate effectively written and oral methods with co-workers, supervisor, managers, and others when necessary.
- Must have valid Mississippi driver’s license (CDL preferred).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs or ladders; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to distinguish color, close vision and distance vision.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.