Edward A. May Scholarship Fund
The Edward A. May Scholarship Fund is established to recognize the late Mr. May for his long time contributions to the water and wastewater industry in Mississippi. The scholarship is administered by a committee appointed by the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Rural Water Association, Inc. The scholarship committee is responsible for selecting the recipient.
About the Scholarship
Edward A. May, a former employee of Central Pipe & Supply Company, was a Goodman native. He was connected to the water and wastewater industry for more than 50 years. Mildred May, his wife for 62 years, said, “Ed was a man who took time for others.” Mr. May served on the board of directors of the Mississippi Rural Water Association and the Mississippi Water and Pollution Control Operators Association. In his honor, the Mississippi Rural Water Association established the Edward A. May Memorial Scholarship Fund. This fund is designed to continue Mr. May’s tendency to help others by providing a scholarship so that the youth of our state can further their education.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, please send a check payable to the “Edward A. May Memorial Scholarship Fund/MsRWA” to MsRWA, 172 Country Place Parkway, Pearl, MS 39208.
The scholarship will be awarded to a dependent of a MsRWA Voting Member employee to defray the cost of college for the fall semester. Each year a scholarship committee awards the scholarship to a candidate possessing the best character and grades, as well as the most community involvement and leadership activities.
The completed application must be at our office by January 15th of each year.
Special points of interest:
- Application must be typed or neatly printed. Must be submitted in hard copy.
- Transcripts & tax information must be submitted with the application.
- Be sure all blanks are filled in.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a dependent of a MsRWA Voting Member employee.
- MsRWA Directors, Staff and Scholarship committee dependents are excluded.
- Applicant can re-apply annually.
- On a separate page, in 250 words or less, write a brief essay on your goals as they relate to your education, career, and future plans. (Please type) Essay must be signed by applicant.
- Committee would like to have a video of the applicant stating essay, if possible.
- It is strongly recommended that the recipient be present for the awarding of Scholarship at MsRWA Annual Conference.