Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 179,000 employees worldwide and operations in over 40 countries, our areas of expertise consist of water, waste and energy management
Veolia is seeking an O&M Technician to support wastewater treatment operations in Jackson, MS. In this position, you will perform a variety of operation and maintenance functions. This is an entry-level position that performs basic operational duties under the direction of a certified operator, performs maintenance tasks, and performs janitorial and laborer duties. Days and hours of duty may vary as required to fill other O&M Technician shift schedules, or under unusual circumstances.
– The ability to perform tasks requiring standing and walking for extended periods of time
– The ability to climb stairs, squat, and work with hands extended above head and in front of body
– Must be able to lift up to and carry 50 pounds or more
– Requires working in outside and inside environments with noise and all temperatures and climatic conditions, and must be able to work under adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time
– Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record in conjunction with policies and procedures
– Requires good reading, math, writing, scientific, and verbal communication skills; a mechanical aptitude; and the ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles, and other equipment
– Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions; i.e., Standard Operating Procedures, work orders, other documents, etc.
– Requires being self directed to carry out tasks and assignments in a team or individual environment
– Must have the ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees and display respectful interactions with Management Team Personnel
– Must have basic computer skills including, but not limited to basic operations and manipulation of data on spreadsheets, etc.
– Must comply with Respiratory Protection and all other Safety Requirements
– May be required to pass MS Wastewater Operator license as a condition of employment
– High school diploma or equivalent
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/b6ry3st9brxx36yf
Veolia is seeking a Maintenance Manager to support operations at a wastewater treatment facility and supporting locations in Jackson, MS. The Maintenance Manager oversees all aspects of the maintenance function of a large wastewater treatment plant.
Additional Responsibilities include:
– Develops and manages Reliability-Centered Maintenance Strategies. Manages Preventive, Predictive and Corrective Maintenance programs for equipment, instrumentation and controls.
– Establishes maintenance schedules and ensures that machines, equipment, tooling and other accessories are properly maintained and in top working condition.
– Assists in diagnosing and evaluating complex equipment and process failures.
– Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques.
– Prepares work orders either manually or from a CMMS system as required and prepares work related reports, procurement requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
– Manages maintenance inventory, procurement and cost controls. Coordinates work with operational staff and assists in capacity management.
– Develops departmental goals and activities required to meet overall business objectives. Establishes the standards, guidelines and procedures needed, specifies what is to be done at lower levels and how the resources allocated by upper management are to be deployed.
– Regularly identify, evaluate and implement improvements to improve utility reliability, regulatory compliance and/or cost effectiveness.
– Typically spends 75% of time in operations environment and 25% of time in office environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions and drive company vehicle to perform duties.
– May be exposed to possible operations hazards including dust, fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, rotating machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work temperatures, slippery surfaces, water and electrical hazards.
– Must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally 60 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
– Degree in related field (Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering) or equivalent related experience. Technical / trade school or licensing (plumbing, welding, electrician, HVAC, etc) a plus.
– MS Wastewater Operator Certification with knowledge of current and pending water treatment standards, regulations and federal, state and local laws and codes.
– 7+ years in various positions within a wastewater treatment environment with knowledge of methods, principles and practices of operating, maintaining and repairing water treatment plant equipment, instrumentation and associated systems.
– Experience with pumps, motor, hydraulics, compressed air, electronics (VFD’s, PLC’s etc.), high speed rotational equipment and conveying equipment.
– PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements. Able to use computer systems for preparing work orders and purchasing requisitions. (CMMS Software)
– Able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/d9pvdq55s72bfmsv
Jackson, MS Area
$60,000.00 – $80,000.00 /Year
Engineering Consulting firm seeking a mid-level Civil Engineer with a strong background in water/wastewater design.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for technical production and design of multiple civil infrastructure improvements.
Duties include preparation of construction drawings and specifications, cost estimating, preparation of technical reports, analysis and design of water distribution plus sanitary sewer collection, pump stations and sewage transmission and paving, grading & drainage systems using applicable design software programs, permitting and construction phases of all projects assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
3-5 Years Experience in Wastewater Design